Brigitte Mawdsley – Speech Pathologist

Torquay Speech Pathology is an independent practice which offers high quality assessment and therapy services for children. Therapy services are delivered in a venue that most needs the need of the child and then family, which can include home, the clinic in Torquay, educational settings or childcare facilities.

h2Professional guidance and individualised support is available in the areas of:

  • Language delays / disorders
  • Developmental delays
  • Autism
  • Articulation / speech sound difficulties

Torquay Speech Pathology is committed to working closely with families to help make a significant difference to the communication skills of your child. We strive to work closely with the team around the child, including teachers, carers and other health professionals.

No referral is needed for appointments and families from all cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.

We provide feedback opportunities for all client families on all aspects of the service they are receiving and document and use this information to inform service improvement.

If you are not satisfied with our service, please contact us. We take complaints seriously and aim to resolve them quickly and fairly. If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC responds to complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria. Their service is free, confidential and impartial. To lodge a complaint with the HCC:

  • Fill out a complaint form online at or
  • Phone 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint.

An advocate is a person who supports a consumer, like yourself, to protect and promote your rights and interests. An advocate can, with your permission, negotiate on your behalf or support you to negotiate for yourself. An advocate ‘stands beside’ you to support you to make your own decisions. An advocate is an important resource for you in situations where you feel confused, overwhelmed, intimidated or under-confident and are not sure what to do. An advocate can be a family member, friend or an outside organisation. Please speak to staff if you would like more information on seeking an advocate or contact the Victorian Disability Commissioner ph. 1800 677 342 (free call) or

You have the right to obtain a copy of your medical records. Please speak to staff or see for more information.